South County Outpatient Endoscopy Services (SCOPES) has resumed operating hours Monday – Friday 6am – 5pm. These hours may be subject to change as the situation continues to evolve during this time. Please call 314-729-9780 if you have any questions, you may leave a message after hours. SCOPES will follow specified state, local, or federal government guidance. If you require immediate assistance, please go to the nearest Emergency Room or dial 911. For specific physician or care questions, please call your physician’s main office.
SCOPES is observing the CDC’s recommended preventative actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory disease, including Covid-19. Our number one priority is the safety of our patients and staff. We have implemented the following measures to ensure safety:
- Disinfecting work surfaces several times a day and disinfecting patient care areas as soon as the patient is transferred to another location or discharged.
- Implementing social distancing practices in our waiting area.
- Imposing visitor restrictions to no visitors in the facility.
- Screening all patients prior to arrival at the center for any flu-like symptoms or any exposure history.
- Requiring staff and patients to wear masks while the universal masking recommendations are in place.
- Making hand sanitizer available to you as you register and throughout the center as appropriate.
- Screening all employees before they begin their shift. Requiring employees to stay home if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
We are asking patients to join us in additional efforts, including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before and after eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and sanitize/wash your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands to potentially prevent transmission.
Most importantly, we as that patients who are experiencing any cough, shortness of breath, fever, or other flu-like symptoms, to please stay home, call the physician office and reschedule their appointments. Also inform us if you have been exposed to someone who has the flu or who has tested positive for Covid-19.
For additional information please visit the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Please call your physician’s office to cancel and reschedule. You may also call us at 314-729-9780 to cancel after you have informed your physician or with any questions. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in protecting all our patients and team members.
Wishing you good health.