Due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak South County Outpatient Endoscopy Services (SCOPES) will be reducing our hours of operating hours to procedures performed Monday and Wednesday 6 am – 5 pm. These hours are subject to change as the situation continues to evolve. Please call 314-729-9780 and leave a message if you have any questions. We will resume normal operating hours with specified local, state, or federal government guidance. If you require immediate medical attention, please go to the nearest Emergency Room or dial 911.
SCOPES is observing the CDC’s recommended preventative actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Our number one priority is the safety of our patients and staff. We have implemented the following measures to ensure safety:
- Disinfecting work surfaces several times a day and disinfecting patient care areas as soon as the patient is transferred to another location or discharged.
- Implementing social distancing practices in our waiting area.
- Imposing visitor restrictions to no visitors in the facility.
- Screening all patients prior to arrival at the center for symptoms/exposure to COVID-19 and travel history.
- Requiring staff and patients to wear masks while the universal masking recommendations are in place.
- Making hand sanitizer available to you as you register and throughout the center where appropriate.
- Requiring employees to stay home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
We are asking patients to join us in additional efforts, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before and after eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and sanitize your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands to potentially prevent transmission.
Most importantly, we ask that patients who are experiencing any cough, shortness of breath, fecer, or other flu-like symptoms, to please stay home and reschedule their appointments. Also inform us if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or have recently traveled outside the area/state.
For additional information please visit the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
You may call our office at 314-729-9780 to cancel and call your physician to reschedule, if needed. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in protecting all our team members and patients.
Wishing you good health.